[OZAPRS] DM-2550 MAXON power vs voltage

Andrew McDade amcdade at iprimus.com.au
Sun Oct 8 09:38:47 EST 2006

Gday all,

Im wondering who has had actual experiences with their Maxon radios
blowing
final transistors or other issues, by running them at voltages higher than

10.8V. It looks to me as though the spec on the max EC voltage on the 3
o/p
transistor chain is 15v, and with quick TX time of generally less than 2
seconds every few minutes, the final transistor wouldn't have time to warm

up very much. Just as a matter of interest Ive been using several Maxon
radios running directly from the vehicle power , ie. ~ 14.2 volts , for
quite some time, with no apparent issues yet !! .. ( Maybe they are on
borrowed time !! )

Regards .. Andrew .. VK5EX