[OZAPRS] KPC3 dupe question

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Nov 16 00:40:46 EST 2006

> The bug in 8.2 firmware is when a station is addressed to
> say WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1, then instead of diging the packet
> as YOURDIGI,WIDE1* it actually goes out as
> YOURDIGI*,WIDE1 so if there was another path after the
> WIDE1-1 (,WIDE2-1) the latter doesn't get digipeated.

That is why for the Version 8.2, we put WIDE1-1 in the UIDIGI
alias list.  Then the WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1 packet is digipeated with
callsign substitution as MYDIGI*,WIDE2-1 and so the packet
continues properly.

> Also the KPC3 v8.2 firmware seems to have issues with Dupes
> in the UITRACE area ... Also.

Yes, UITRACE is not useable.  So in the 8.2 ROMS, we cannot
support both WIDEn-N and SSn-N.
Or rather, SSn-N will have some dupes when packets go through an
8.2 digipeater.  If there is only on 8.2 every now and then,
this might be OK.  But if all the digis in an area are 8.2, then
SSn-N should not be used.  And since UITRACE is broken, then
WIDEn-N remains in the UIFLOOD parameter and is not fully
traceable.  So here are the settings for an 8.2 ROM
Digi:

UIDIGI WIDE1-1,SS1-1,WIDE4-4,WIDE5-5
UIFLOOD WIDE,28,ID
UITRACE SS

With those settings then:
WIDEN-N will work
WIDE1-1,WIDEn-N will work
SS1-1,SSn-N will work
And WIDE4-4 and 5-5 will be trapped.

Hope that helps.
The version 8.3 ROMS do not have this problem.  In an 8.3 ROM
the settings are:

UIDIGI WIDE4-4, WIDE5-5, WIDE6-6, WIDE7-7
UIFLOOD SS,28,ID
UITRACE WIDE,28

Bob