[OZAPRS] QRM

Tony Hunt wavetel at bigpond.com
Sun Nov 12 09:15:06 EST 2006

Ive replied to 2 Posts below. One from Scott and the Other from Dion..

> Message: 4
> Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 22:38:42 +1100
> From: "Scott & Clare Evans" <clareandscott at bigpond.com>
> Subject: Re: [OZAPRS] New n-N VK7 suggested settings
> To: <ozaprs at aprs.net.au>
AQ
AAAAzvy48K+SZ0uXqrTklO0QiwEAAAAA at bigpond.com>

> If worst case scenario occurs then reluctantly maybe the budlist could
be
> implemented within Ui-Digi (this is something I personally dislike) to
> filter out certain digis on both sides of the puddle!

Scott.. Using the Budlist to filter out individual digis wont help with
Ui-Digi.. Not sure about KPC3s but you need filter out the originating
station with Ui-Digi not the Digis in between.. So your budlist is going
be pretty big.. Pity you cant use Wildcards in the Budlist.. I have
sugested
it to Marco.. Perhaps you could use the Budlist to kill the Igate traffic
from VK3 but thats not really the best solution.. See below

> Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 22:47:18 +1100
> From: "Dion Bramich" <vk7ybi at yahoo.com.au>
> Subject: [OZAPRS] QRM
> To: "VK / ZL APRS Users" <ozaprs at aprs.net.au>
>
> What are we going to do about this QRM??
>
> Fm VK3VHF-1 To APU25N Via VK3RGI-1,VK7RAA,WIDE2* <UI pid=F0 Len=95
> >[22:37:43]
> }VK3TSW>APU25N,TCPIP,VK3VHF-1*:=2335.02S/14852.19E-steve @blackwater
> swood at bkb.net.au {UIV32N}
>
> Fm VK3VHF-1 To APU25N Via VK3RGI-1,VK7RAA,WIDE2* <UI pid=F0 Len=103
> >[22:37:47]
> }VK3MY-4>APRS,TCPIP,VK3VHF-1*:)30m-GATE!3751.54SG14518.28E& APRS HF To
VHF
> Gateway On 10.147.60Mhz USB
>
> Fm VK3VHF-1 To APU25N Via VK3RGI-1,VK7RAA,WIDE2* <UI pid=F0 Len=96
> >[22:38:45]
> }VK3TBN-10>APU25N,TCPIP,VK3VHF-1*:>201046z439.100MHZ IGATE & DX Cluster
> Greensborough Melbourne
>
> Fm VK3VHF-1 To APU25N Via VK3RGI-1,VK7RAA,WIDE2* <UI pid=F0 Len=54
> >[22:38:46]
> }VK3MR>APU25N,TCPIP,VK3VHF-1*:>110635zUI-View32 V2.03
>
> I and many others dont want to see this, its wasting RAA's time.

> Dion.

This is stupid stuff and so easy to solve .. VK3VHF-1 Igate appears to be
using a Generic path.. Why ?? Put the Igate on a specific path for its
intended area of coverage ..  A Long time ago we used to have the Igate in
Adelaide running a Flood Wide path.. Real silly..
Mildura complained and I dont blame them.. Now we run a specific path
Mildura and Pt Lincoln networks dont get hammered with our Igate traffic
unless they see your Digis direct at their homes and I cant do much to
help
that..

We run Igate traffic on only 3 Digis at present leaving 5RMB without Igate
traffic creating QRM and hidden transmitters behind the hills for no good
reason..

IGATES SHOULD NOT BE RUNNING GENERIC PATHS.. Its simple.. If we persist in
this stupidity we will really have cross border saturation in no time..

Tony VK5AH