[OZAPRS] QRM

Richard Hoskin vk3jfk at amsat.org
Mon Nov 13 12:48:18 EST 2006

Gday Bob,

In Australia WICEN (Wireless Civil Emergency Network), similar to your
RACES/ARES is for the most part state based. Until a few years ago the WIA
(Wireless Institute of Australian (radio society)) was state based, it is
now a nationally based society and uses local clubs for its local present.
This is why I beleive we here naturally think of the APRS RF network and
Zones as being some what state based.

Also one central state (Victoria or VK3) in the South East of the country
has until now been on a different APRS channel from the rest of the
country.
This has helped to isolate a number of state APRS RF networks. However as
we
are moving into a new area of one APRS Channel for the nation we have to
change our way of thinking and start thinking global acting local. Hence
the
Zone idea.

Cheers
Richard