[OZAPRS] European v USnewparadigmand pathlimiting +confusion....

Dion Bramich vk7ybi at yahoo.com.au
Fri Nov 3 10:44:58 EST 2006

My situation is just that, I'm in the NW of the state. To get to the other

end, SE, I need 3 hops.  When the inversion is on, 3 hops will probably
get me into NSW also, but I dont want/need to be seen there.  With TAS3-3,

I can flood Tasmania and the Victorians will see nothing of me on their
digis via RF.  However without state or zone based routing, I havent got
that ability..  It's just so simple, it cant not be a good thing!

I wouldnt like to see Tasmania 'zoned'.  We dont need to, theres not so
many operators that it needs to be done, and with TAS3-3 we can be mobile

anywhere in the state and still be seen at home with no igating, ideally.

My view of the ultimate network in Tasmania is one in which everything
happens on RF, no gating from internet to RF apart from a select few of
interstate stations that locals are interested in here.  If ever local
traffic did increase substantially, we could split the state in half with

NTASn-N and STASn-N, but I dont envisage any problems in the foreseeable
future.

However, whats suitable for other larger states needs to be looked at.  I

guess were lucky in that we dont have a huge number of operators that need

to cooperate, changing stuff around is a breeze, and through doing that
we've realised that state based routing is the go.

Dion.