[OZAPRS] Any spare APRS gear?

Tony Hunt wavetel at bigpond.com
Wed Mar 29 22:52:33 EST 2006

Chris. Let me know if this eventuates and I will put on a Gateway on the
ISS
frequency and make sure it Gates back to an Internet feed from Adelaide.
This might help a bit..

make sure the Tiny track is configured with the correct paths.. I think
Via
ARISS,SGATE,WIDE from memory. Its all there on the VK info page
http://www.aprs.net.au/sat_aprs_information.htm

A decent amount of uplink power like 15w or more would be a good idea as
well.. Both from
Perth and Adelaide you will be working from horizon to horizon alot of the
time from Darwin and Northern VK6. I get the distinct impression there is
alot of QRM from northern neighbours on our 2m sats around the 144-146 Mhz
understand them at all.. Ive got no gear I can volunteer at present I am
afraid.

Tony Hunt VK5AH

> Message: 1
> Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 17:47:53 +0800
> From: "Chris Hill" <chris.hill at crhtelnet.com.au>
> Subject: [OZAPRS] Any spare APRS gear?
> To: "'VK / ZL APRS Users'" <ozaprs at aprs.net.au>
>
> Hi All,
>
> ZL3HB is on holidays here in Perth, and is about to head out on a long
(very
> long) drive up to Darwin, and perhaps even further afield!
>
> At the WA VHF Group meeting last night, we chatted about APRS, and he's
now
> excited about trying to scrape together the gear to run APRS on 2m,
> transmitting via the ISS when it's overhead.
>
> So, does anyone have any spare gear that he could use, either on loan
for