[OZAPRS] VK3 APRS News

Richard Hoskin (VK3JFK) vk3jfk at wia.org.au
Mon Mar 13 22:21:56 EST 2006

Gday,

The good news today is I have finally got back from the ACMA confirmation
that all VK3 digipeaters have been licensed for the National APRS
frequency.
We can now move forward with the VK3 frequency change project. I'll order
the new xtals shortly; they should take about 4 weeks to be delivered.

There is an issue that will cause a lot of problems after VK3 has changed
the National frequency.

A large number of VK1& VK2 stations are using excessively long paths.

Eg Relay,Wide4-4 Trace4-4 etc.

Is it necessary to run such large paths when the closes IGATE is only one
or
two digi hops away?

On a different subject, the digi VK3RMD-1 has failed. It will be fixed
when
I have time to pay a visit to the site.

Cheers,

Richard