[OZAPRS] Using Maxon Radios for RX

Andrew McDade amcdade at iprimus.com.au
Wed Jun 21 08:39:54 EST 2006

Gday Craig,

Yes Im currently using one on 145.175 as a digipeter. Its married up to a
KPC3+ , so makes for a very small and power efficient package. I find that

the radio seems to "nearly"  hear everything that my other shack radios
hear. This kind of surprised me due to Garry's comments regarding RX
sensitivity being a bit down at around -114dbm at the lower part of the 2m

band. Maybe your radio's RX just hasn't been aligned as well perhaps. Im
unsure about the RX IF bandwidth suggestions. The Service manual talks
about
acceptance of both 12.5Khz channel spacing at 3.5Khz deviation and 25.0Khz

channel spacing at 7.0Khz. Maybe there are a couple of different versions
,
or perhaps a programming option somewhere. We'll need to investigate this
little further later on .

Regards ... Andrew .. VK5EX