[OZAPRS] HF Observations Sunday 16th

Brian Beamish bbeamish at bigpond.net.au
Tue Jul 18 19:23:58 EST 2006

Hi Bob

Maybe I am misinterpreting your comments or more than likely not fully
versed as to how the system works.

As the stations (Gateways) that were actually putting me to the net last
weekend appeared to be receive only on HF (Not transmitting on HF) how
could
they possibly send an ACK to me if I were to be sending an message. Surely
and particularly on HF where reception can be difficult and a problem at
times without an ACK how would one know that the message had got through.

Just interested

Regards Brian VK4BBS

"But messaging to anyone via an IGate, then the IGate would
Respond with the ACKS from the distant end.  This would
Also work for Email.

Bob, WB4apr"