[OZAPRS] HF Observations Sunday 16th

Brian Beamish bbeamish at bigpond.net.au
Mon Jul 17 10:35:45 EST 2006

Hi Andrew

I personally have not tried looks like from some of the others have it
works

Back in the "Hey Days" of BBS stations I ran a HF BBS for at least ten
years
prior to moving to the satellites to do a similar job and now Internet has
even taken over from there.

With my own experience there I would imagine that on HF at 300 baud there
would be many retries to get your message through all tying up band width.

Going by my observations yesterday I would think that it could be a
complete
waste of time attempting to do so as all the stations gating VK4BBS were
or
at least appeared to be one way, receiving only, on HF, not
transmiting/beaconing, on HF, only gating from HF to the net this being
the
case there would be no acks at all coming back.

Whilst I generally take my notebook with me I do not use it whilst mobile
think though that if I wanted to send any digital traffic I would prefer
Amtor or PSK to do so.

Thanks for all those starting to take more interest and also starting to
come active on HF.

73 Brian VK4BBS