[OZAPRS] Decoding HF APRS

G T & C A Beagley beagley at xtra.co.nz
Fri Jul 7 12:47:12 EST 2006

I have similar problems. I regularly decode VK3MY and a couple of other
VKs plus a W1 on my AEA DSP-2232 and although I can hear a lot more
stations in there they rarely seem to decode even when signals are
respectable. I have found tuning on HF to be extremely critical. About
20hz either way can make a big difference.

Graham

ZL1GTB

Rob wrote:

>Not sure if anyone can help me
>I'm Trying to decode APRS on HF
>I have a Dual Port Kantronics KAM XL
>I find it excellent on VHF but when i tune it on HF i can decode VK3MY
>every time ok but all the other stations i seem to be having trouble
>I'm using a Codan 7727 B tune to 10.147.10 USB
>I can audible here other traffic ok anyone got any Ideas
>
>Cheers
>de VK4HAB

This outgoing message certified virus free.