[OZAPRS] Telemetry Monitoring

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Jul 5 22:43:25 EST 2006

>APRS Victoria has several Digipeater Sites monitored with SiteAlert (SA).
>This provides alarms and telemetry information on the health of the
>digipeater and the site. ...Telemetry is stored and graphed in real time:
> http://www.vk3.aprs.net.au/digi_site_graphs.htm

This is an excellent demonstration of the power of telemetry on
APRS.  Because of the standard APRS format for telemetry,
this enables sites like the VK3 site above and FINDU to have
general purpose graphing and display code that will work witih
anyone that transmits telemetry.

Since telemetry is built-in to the KPC-3+ TNC's, this is a powerful
system at the fingertips of most APRS operators.  FOr example,
we use this telemetry for all of the PCSAT2 telemetry:
http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/pcsat-tele2.cgi

and for our prototype APRS ocean buoys:
http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/tele2.cgi?call=usna-1

All we have to do is transmit it in the APRS standard format, and
then call up the FINDU URL and see it nicely displayed... from
anywehre on the planet!

de Wb4APR, Bob