[OZAPRS] VK5 Network issues

Tony Hunt wavetel at bigpond.com
Sun Jan 29 10:36:03 EST 2006

Just a friendly reminder that we are still around..

The digi at VK5RNE has been noticed to stop working on the hot days. It
remains transmitting ok but stops receiving completely. This has been
noticed over a few days now. This will be looked into directly.

Regards Richards comments on paths observed and propagation on 145.175 .
It does not suprise me at all..
Propagation from VK3 on 2m FM is common. We have also obseved paths from
Mildura to Pt Lincoln via Adelaide and from VK2JPJ in the Sydney CBD to
5RMB and 5BRC digis of late. Also paths from VK1 stations. So its all
happening if we are aware or not..

As Richard said our  paths  are something we will need to look at and
many have allready started to pay attention in this direction. Well done.
Paths like RELAY,WIDE3-3 and WIDE3-3 are no longer viable and
WIDE,WIDE,RELAY or WIDE,RELAY were never tolerated.

Ive been experimenting with 2 minute mobile timing for over 12 months
now. Around the metro area I use 2 minute posits when mobile and 10min+
when stationary. These sort of adjustments make all the difference when
co-habiting.. Give it a go.

73

--

Tony Hunt VK5AH