[OZAPRS] No Space Station APRS data getting through to FINDU

Kevin Forbes vk3ukf at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 27 08:35:32 EST 2006

Hi folks, I am new to the list, and here is my first post.

It seems that a problem mentioned earlier, regards no APRS data from Sth.
East Oz getting through to FINDU is still affecting us.

For the last week or so, only the ISS's (Space Station) own beacon's are
making it to the ARISS page that shows, Stations heard by ISS. All the
emails, APRS positions and messages data are not making it into the FINDU
system.

I tested this by sending myself an email via the ISS, it was in fact
received by a ground station VK7HSE and relayed to VK7HIL and into the
wormhole there. It should have then been immediately visible on the ARISS
page, http://www.ariss.net it was not. I did however receive my own email.
So, it did in fact get picked up and routed to me in the correct fashion.
In the past week, the only APRS position data to make it to the FINDU
system was picked up by a ground station in New Zealand. This mornings
passes by the ISS, saw VK7HSE's own data only being shown because it was
also received in New Zealand. At least the Kiwi's are still working.
Does anyone have any clues as to the cause of the problem ?

I have sent information relevant to this problem to the IFC (ISS Fan Club)
at http://www.issfanclub.com/index.php posted in the packet forum, and
also to Bob Bruninga.

Also, if anyone sees me doing something silly, or, NQK, (Not Quite
Kosher), do please inform me, lest I keep doing it, out of ignorance.

The day I stop learning, will be the same day I die.

Cheers all.

Yours faithfully, Kevin Forbes, VK3UKF.