[OZAPRS] VK3 and SE VK5 packets not reaching FINDU

Mitch rodney at melecom.com.au
Tue Jan 10 10:58:45 EST 2006

> Rod.. I went and had a look on APRS-World server at this page
> http://db.aprsworld.net/datamart/track-search.php
>
> I took a guess at your trip times there and it looks like you must
have
> been
> down there just around the 25th..
> I input your info and waited for it to produce a map.. It appears
that you
> did get some posits in down at Mt Gambier be it with limited range
down
> there by the looks. It produced a small blob on the Map at Mt Gambier
and
> shows the rest of the trip the same as you Web page map does down to
> Coonalpyn etc ..
>
> Tony VK5AH

FINDU has
>> no record.
>>
>> ie: http://www.melecom.com.au/adel20.htm
>>
>> no breadcrumbs south of Meningie and Coonalpyn.
>>
>> 73s de Rod, VK5KFB

Hi Tony,

Assuming you've had a top break, back into it this week over here, hang in
there! Flat out!!!

Thanks for the info and interesting/another method of accessing the
packets from RF, kewl!

Yeah i just assumed that the one breadcrumb map would show all packets and
it would've if the map covered Mt Gambier as well, d'oh!!!! Wot led me
astray was thinking that there was a packet repeater at Millicent, so
although Mt G off map there still should have been some packets on:

http://www.melecom.com.au/adel20.htm

down south a bit.

Rumour has is though ... that SERG is preparing a spot on a tower with
much more height so range should be increased dramatically. It is
diffilcult down there though, the pine forests cause a "canyon" effect
disabling LOS comms.
Also there is a packet repeater at Kingston? But maybe it doesn't repeat
APRS packets? (147.575) No "wormhole" to the net? The lads are working on
it so looking forward to future journeys down that way...

All good and thanks for your responses!

73s de Rod, VK5KFB-9, hehehe!