[OZAPRS] UI View32 for VK2XGJ

Mike Townsend tasit2 at unwired.com.au
Tue Dec 26 15:42:39 EST 2006

Hello John,
I've turned on beaconinig of remote stations at a limited rate. Three per
minute at the moment. I'll play with the beacon rate and paths then settle

on a setting that doesn't overly effect my rx capability for local mobile
stations. Three may not seem like much but the problem here is that I rx
2RAG-1, VK2JPJ-1 and 2AMW-1 direct so it does not take much at my QTH to
overload the frequency and decrease reliably gating traffic in the other
direction from RF to the internet.
Check TRF-2INT at Campbelltown. If the beacon rate exceeds 100 in 10
minutes
then the frequency is overloaded.
I cannot access 2AMW-1 on tx with my present power level. At the moment my

beacon path is via VK2JPJ-1,VK2AMW-1. Can you hear VK2JPJ-1 direct? If you

can I'll cut the path to just via VK2JPJ-1 to keep the traffic level down.
Would be willing to set up a UHF feed at a much higher beacon rate but
seeing as you don't rx me direct that wouldn't help much either. If your
on
good terms with the movers and shakers of 2AMW-1 maybe something could be
arranged on UHF at the same site.
Mike, VK2INT......