[OZAPRS] Limited USER operations authorized for new APRS Satellites

Richard Hoskin vk3jfk at amsat.org
Sun Dec 24 15:44:59 EST 2006

FYI Below.

The frequency is 145.825Mhz

A nice Christmas present for all.

Thanks Bob!

Cheers

Richard

VK3JFK

Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 00:10:55 -0500

From: "Robert Bruninga" <bruninga at usna.edu>

Now that ANDE has deployed and we have been away from family for too long.
We are declaring ANDE a success even though we have a few more steps to
complete in the checkout process.  But due to the holidays, we are going
secure testing for a few days and open them up to limited USER access:

LIMITED USER digipeating is authorized:

1) ATTENDED operations ONLY

2) Low Dutycyle only.  Say once per minute per station

3) NO DIGIPEATING VIA RAFT AT NIGHT

4) Use only the path UNPROTO APRS VIA ANDE-1 or VIA RAFT

5) DIGIpeating via any other aliases on 145.825 not authorized

*) UNATTENDED BEACONS ARE NOT AUTHORIZED.

If you cannot hear these satellites PLEASE do not transmit.  You are only
adding QRM and destroying others ability to use them.

Beam antennas appear to be required.  Please work on your receive
capability
and measure your success by how many packets you can RECEIVE, not by how
many times you can hit the bird.

Pace yourselves

Enjoy.

Bob Bruninga, WB4APR