[OZAPRS] VK2RBX

Ron Perry ronk at sunlinux.com.au
Thu Dec 21 18:01:54 EST 2006

Hi,
After a long testing period as VK3WRM-1, the NSW Trentham Cliffs site
has been licenced and commissioned as VK2RBX-1
Thanks must go to David VK3UR, who introduced me to APRS, Geoff VK2XGL
for an APRS presentaion at One Tech in Canberra a few years ago that
rekindled my interest. Others that must be thanked are Richard VK3JFK,
Warren VK3BYD, Tony VK5AH, Andrew VK5EX and Peter VK3JUG for the huge
amount of technical support they have provided.
Hamish VK3SB for looking after aprsd, (I'm still running it) and Pete
Loveall AE5PL for providing javaprssrvr, which will be used at the local
I-Gate shortly, also need to be thanked.

Regional plans are to co-site a digi with VK3RVL at Robinvale, and to
test a new digi site at Lake Culluleraine.  All the hardware has been
acquired, it's just a matter of getting it done.

Wishing all a Happy Christmas..and a Merry New Year!

Ron
vk3ecv/vk3wrm