[OZAPRS] FW: [aprssig] First RAFT packets maybe over Australia

Tony Hunt wavetel at bigpond.com
Fri Dec 22 22:49:26 EST 2006

Nothing heard as yet on 145.825 except the usual contenders like NO-44 and
UO-11 .. I heard partial packets from NO-44 PCSAT this morning about 9am
local but they would not decode as they appeared to be cutting out mid
frame
through the packets. I suspect a battery issue as its not out of eclipse
as
yet from what Ive read.

Ive changed from the EggBeater antenna to a 3/4wave vertical as sugested
which was as easy as plugging in another antenna. The Eggbeater seems
great
for ISS and PCsat and even NOAAs but maybee does not make the grade for
these little CubeSats. If I am around during the passes I might change
over
the other 2m radio and run 2 separate radios with 2 different high gain
antennas to see if that helps capture more frames. Both of these will feed
onto the internet anyway. I will probably get up and watch STS116 land..

Tony Hunt VK5AH