[OZAPRS] VK3 70CM Igate back on the air

Peter Wicklein vk3tbn at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 1 21:53:23 EST 2006

Hi Team,

Just to let you know that the 70CM network is back on again. Sorry for the

system failure the last few days, the TNC went U/S. Richard has kindly
lent
me one and we are back on the air.

Currently the IGATE/Kiosk/DX Cluster/Netactive Ui View system is runing on

an old 130mhz machine. It will soon be upgraded to something a little
faster
in the following weeks.

The network carries a lot of traffic, both OZ wide APRS and direct DX
cluster info.It is evident by looking at TRAFFIC-7, the counter on the
network. I have seen it up around the 500 a fair few times during DX
contests ... usually Sunday afternoons ( Saturday evening in the USA).

The idea of the 70CM network is somewhat different than the 2 Meter
network,
in that is accented to getting the most out of the many features of the
D700
and the D7.

In the new year I am looking to add Mini web pages to send out Satellite
warnings, and other funtionality, based on the great work that Bob B has
done with his APRSDOS.

I would be keen to hear from other users who might want to use this
network
as their "Sand Pit" to try out new technologies / ideas/ new
functionality.

As Richard may have mentioned, a new Digi on the Mt Macedon site may
happen
soon, which will improve coverage.

Try the system next time your mobile around Melbourne, you might be
surprised at the results.

I welcome your feed back on this or any other matter ( except Pathing
hahaha! ;-)

Yours in Radio

Pete

vk3tbn