[OZAPRS] (OT) Linux.... (?)

VK2XCI vk2xci at aanet.com.au
Mon Aug 21 07:05:45 EST 2006

Richard,
I'm using Ubuntu, which is a "desktop" distro based on Debian. There is
a server version and a basic low resources version called Xubuntu

It installs easily and painlessly and has a good range of stuff "out of
the box" being debian based, installing new stuff is a point and click
job.

Support is via forums, of which there are plenty.

It is not a "technical" distro and has a funny way of handling the root
user!.

http://www.ubuntu.com/

Richard Hoskin wrote:

> I'm in the process of building a new Linux box with the prime purpose of
AR,
> APRS and www server.
>

> What's the best flavor to use?
>

> Three requirements.