[OZAPRS] [aprssig] Can I run a GPS18 from the +5v on theUSBcable ?

Darryl Smith Darryl at radio-active.net.au
Sun Apr 30 12:38:53 EST 2006

USB will supply a maximum of 100 mA per port at 5V to a device. Commonly
ports can supply five units of power to a device, or 500 mA to a port, but
this will be dependant on what else is plugged in.

Intelligent devices may communicate with the controller to discuss power
requirements and shut down if required. Since you are not worrying about
using the USB power control I would say that you can pull about 500 mA
commonly from the port

Darryl

---------
Darryl Smith, VK2TDS   POBox 169 Ingleburn NSW 2565 Australia
Mobile Number 0412 929 634 [+61 4 12 929 634 Int] - 02 9618 6459
www.radio-active.net.au/blog/ - www.radio-active.net.au/web/tracking/