[OZAPRS] New APRS digi in VK6

Gavin Rogers grogers at vk6hgr.echidna.id.au
Tue Oct 4 01:02:31 EST 2005

Hi All.

There will soon (hopefully!) be a UIdigi APRS digipeater at the VK6RVP
Victoria Park repeater site. This site has excellent coverage of the Perth

CBD and suburbs and should provide access for mobiles to get into the
igate
at my fairly poorly sited QTH. (packets should also get more reliably to
me
from the existing VK6RLK and VK6KSB digis)

The radio will initially be a Maxon data radio (5W) but if the digipeater
proves to be popular I'll get some rocks for my FM828. The site is
co-located with a 151Mhz ethnic broadcast station so hopefully the notch
cavity filter will take care of any QRM!

All going well it will be on air from Saturday afternoon. All not going
well and uhh, well, I'll tell you the story here :-)

73
Gavin
VK6HGR

---
       Gavin Rogers                     |  Amateur radio station VK6HGR
     http://www.livingwaters.com/good   |     http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
     ICQ: 17230395  MSN: VK6HGR  Skype/Email: grogers at vk6hgr.echidna.id.au