[OZAPRS] ISS APRS digipeater to be turned off for SuitSat

Richard Hoskin (VK3JFK) vk3jfk at wia.org.au
Mon Nov 14 19:35:24 EST 2005

FYI

--------------

Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 15:50:13 -0500

From: "Frank H. Bauer" <ka3hdo at comcast.net>

Subject: [amsat-bb] Suitsat SSTV signal

David,

Yes, we have set the SuitSat-1 downlink to be the same as the Packet

uplink.  The ARISS/Human Spaceflight team have a very limited set of

frequencies in the 2 meter OSCAR sub-band (145.80-146 MHz).  145.99 is one

of them.

As Miles Mann, WF1F, described, we will be reconfiguring the Kenwood D700E

from packet mode.  Our tentative plan is to set the D700 into a repeater

mode with that will enable the ISS radio to repeat the Suitsat audio on 70

cm, specifically, 437.80 MHz.

All hams are requested to refrain from uplinking packet (or voice) on

145.99 during Suitsat operations.  This will allow you and your local

neighbors to better hear the SuitSat downlink.  SuitSat will only be

operational for a few days.....we all would like to get the most of its

operations.  So please due your best to abide by this plan.

We will continue to provide late-breaking information on SuitSat plans on

the following web sites.  Please check them often.  And get your stations

ready to copy the audio, voice telemetry, and SSTV picture.

www.amsat.org

www.rac.ca/ariss

73,  Frank H. Bauer, KA3HDO

AMSAT V.P. for Human Spaceflight Programs

ARISS International Chairman

Cheers,

Richard

VK3JFK