[OZAPRS] Re: [radio] ozaprs Digest, Vol 28, Issue 19

Alex Colquitt alex at bywong.com
Wed May 25 13:52:31 EST 2005

Andrew,

It would probably be cheaper to have a custom tee-shirt made for  some
manager at Hy-Q than it would be to buy 20 pairs of rocks, eh?
They might even throw in a hat that used Darryls' idea,  "Found myself
in Victoria"   What was that motto they used to have on the Vic licence
plates?  It was something 'kitchie' like that...

If I were gonna market Hy-Q for a freebie, I'd flog the tale of helping
the SES, RFS & the like, with the aprs technology. There was a lot of
aprs activity used to watch the advance of the fire front during the
Canberra bushfires. I always thought it was a lost opportunity to sing
the praises of Amateur Radio.

No marketing manager in his right mind would pass up a media opportunity
to involve his company in a good public service light.  Look what good
press Amateurs & SSTV got this month with that evacuation exercise in
the States. It made National TV news over there.

Anyway, if Victoria was gonna do a massive freq change, it would hurt to
ask industry for a leg-up.

Allow me to stow away my soap-box...  :-)

Alex -VK1AC