[OZAPRS] D700 and UI-VIEW

G T & C A Beagley beagley at xtra.co.nz
Sun May 1 11:58:15 EST 2005

Seems to be some missing info here?

If I understand what you are trying to say, you are using a laptop with
D700 while mobile???

Just had a look at the UIVIEW help files and would appear you need a GPS
input into UIVIEW via another com port to make it work?
Otherwise you are only working on the manually entered coordinates in
the station setup.
It is possible to use a shared com port. If you don't have a gps input
telling UIVIEW where it is then it sure won't work as planned.

Hope this helps.

Graham

Andrew Rich wrote:
> Am I missing something ?
>
> 1) I put UI-VIEW to talk to a D700, all good and well - D700 responds
TNC
> mode
> 2) TNC in D700 puts out "VK4TEC>GPS <UI> C
$GPRMC.......................etc
> 3) But UI-VIEW just thinks it is a station, which shows up on the screen
> ...like it should
>
> My question is, how do you get ui-view to "know" that this is really YOU
> mobile and you want to send the position ?
>
> Apart from double jumpering the GPS into a com port and setting up
UI-VIEW
> that way ?
>
> Ideas ?
>
> Andy VK4TEC

G T & C A Beagley
24 Blomfield St
Rotorua 3201
New Zealand

Ph 07 3460677
(64 7 3460677)
Mob 025 531584

--
This outgoing message certified virus free.