[OZAPRS] VK5 network news

Tony Hunt wavetel at iname.com
Tue Mar 15 19:13:09 EST 2005

Indeed Peter .. WICEN events .. Thats why about 3 years ago I did install
battery backup at 5RNE digi .. Murphy still strikes .. I suspect the power
supply and battery backup has failed .. The power outage was an extended
one
and not just a brief episode unfortunately ..

Its been about 2 years since I was at the site and probably 18 months
since
anybody has looked at the APRS gear from what we can make out ..
Interestingly 5RMB and RSC didnt flinch at all and the battery backup all
help up ok..

The Igate is back on and Ive switched on WIDEn-n here at home which kind
of
helps the NE sububs and CBD a bit for coverage .. I still  have direct
paths
with RSC and BRC at least .. It will take till Thursday evening at the
earliest to get RNE back on air due to site access issues ..

Tony VK5AH