[OZAPRS] Getting UI-VIEW to IGate ISS traffic ?

Chris Hill chris.hill at crhtelnet.com.au
Sun Mar 13 21:14:51 EST 2005

Hi All,

Thanks for the comments thus far.

The good news, is that I have successfully received (and igated) a packet
from VK6KRB via RS0ISS-3, so the system is mostly functional.

Noel (ZL3GR) provided the reason why UI-VIEW is ignoring the "position"
packets from ISS...  the default of Lat=0 and Long=0 is treated by UI-VIEW
as being a mis-configuration, and hence ignored.

What was confusing me, is that I could see the "P0PPO" packets from ISS
being igated into findu.com by some stations, hence couldn't understand
why
mine wasn't doing the same.

All is now explained, so I can stop looking for a "fix"!

73,

Chris vk6kch

p.s  We can now consider VK to have a permanent Igate listening to
145.800MHz in VK6 !