[OZAPRS] Help with digi paths

Richard Hoskin vk3jfk at amsat.org
Mon Mar 14 14:53:56 EST 2005

Hi Dave,

Not at all. The local network design and tuning is based on local
conditions
and requirements. If you have a low density of ARPS stations you can run
your network in a different fashion and to the best advantage of the
locals
who use the network. (The definition of local in this case is the local
State)

> Appended is a relevant posting made by WB4APR, and extracts from
> UIDIGI and DIGI_NED configuration files (used worldwide, not just the
> USA).

Again these comments are based on the USA experience where they have a
large
number of ARPS operators, Operators with excessive paths of greater than 2
hops and legacy digipeaters (Digis that run KPC or Pacomm firmware).

Why build a Billion dollar high speed freeway when you only need a Million
dollar highway with scenic rest spots along the way.

If your situation should change and you get traffic jams on your highway
then look at other avenues such as removing the scenic rest spots or
upgrading to the freeway.

The key thing to know here is when is your highway close to having a
traffic
jam? And why?

Cheers
Richard