[OZAPRS] VK3 APRS Network News......

Richard Hoskin (VK3JFK) vk3jfk at wia.org.au
Tue Jul 12 23:09:25 EST 2005

Gday,

Here is the latest news for APRS in VK3.

VK3 Frequency change project;

The VK3 frequency change project has been progressing  slowly.

To date we have received donations to the value of $350 which is half of
our target goal of $700 required for this project.

Thank you to those of you who have donated funds to help support your
hobby.

For those of you who have not yet sent a donation I have set up a bank
account specifically for APRS projects to which donations can be directly
credited.

Please email me directly for the account details.

VK3RMG-1 Status;

It appears this digipeater has stopped working. It was last heard on
Monday evening (11/07/05).

When time permits we will visit the site to investigate the problem. In
the mean time VK3RLE-1 will be used for IGate and messaging traffic.

The RF path between VK3RLE-1 & VK3CV-1/VK3RMD-1 is not as good as VK3RMG-1
so there may be a slight degradation in the system.

VK3JFK-1 Status;

Major work is being performed on the tower where this digi is located. It
is possible the digi may be off air at some time during this work.

Repeater licensing for this test digipeater is in progress and should be
completed soon.

VK2RO-1 Status;

This Digipeater has been working well after maintenance work was performed
on it in April. At that time the coax was replaced and a backup battery
installed.

The Digipeater will operate as Relay only digi for the time being.

The digipeater VK5JFK-1 in Mt Gambier is back on air after a long absents
in a new location. The path to VK3RPG-2 is currently marginal.

SiteAlert installations;

SiteAlert the APRS site monitoring system has been installed at VK3REB-1
and the SiteAlert unit at VK3RMD-1 has been upgraded to the latest
version.

You can see the telemetry graphs from the SiteAlert systems at
http://vk3.aprs.net.au/digi_site_graphs.htm

Visit http://www.aprs.net.au/Site%20Alert%203%20Web_2.htm  for information
on SiteAlert.

The cost of each SiteAlert unit is about $90

Cheers,

Richard

VK3JFK