[OZAPRS] HF antenna

Andrew Rich vk4tec at tech-software.net
Sun Jul 3 13:35:42 EST 2005

kewl

Brian what does a noise bridge do ?

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Beamish [mailto:bbeamish at bigpond.net.au]
Sent: Sunday, 3 July 2005 10:52 AM
To: ozaprs at marconi.ics.mq.edu.au
Subject: RE: [OZAPRS] HF antenna

Hi Andrew

Due to constraints here I am using a multiband vertical mounted at ground
level with many meters of radials out under the land and amongst the
shrubs
etc, guess that by now the roots are well over the top of the radials.
I also receive weak signals often not being strong enough to decode.

The vertical is prone to picking up interference from time to time, one of
my jobs soon after I retire at the end of this month is to get a dipole or
two up strung above the house if possible.

VK4DMI has a well position 30m dipole that works very well, both hears
well
and decodes stations that I can only just hear in the background.

I have a noise bridge here that you are welcome to borrow if you wish to
make use of it for testing and perhaps improving your inverted V.

73s Brian VK4BBS