[SPAM] Re: [OZAPRS] [aprssig] findu.com and google earth proposal(feedback please)

Gregg Wonderly gregg at wonderly.org
Tue Dec 6 06:52:47 EST 2005

> I am at the moment raiding findu.com to generate .kml files for the
google
> earth application and then people raid my box.

Andrew, I am working on a small Java application that you can run on your
computer that will connect to findu to get the information on the
locations and
history of stations you designate (later, we can do a lot more using
javaprsrv
and filters).  You just fire it up, and the start google earth and open a
network link to http://localhost:<port>.  Plain and simple.

This will let more people play with the implementation details and
features to
get something that works well, without burdening Steve.  The nice thing
about
the local server is that it can use a local TNC to provide local data
without
network load.

Anyone interested on working on this with me, let me know.

Gregg Wonderly
W5GGW