[OZAPRS] TM-D700A

Tony Hunt wavetel at bigpond.com
Sun Aug 28 18:44:16 EST 2005

Rod .. As Ron said the D700 is either a full blown TNC using the serial
port
and typically KISS mode to talk to UI-view or some client programe or its
in
stand alone APRS mode .. When in stand alone APRS mode the serial port
wont
interface with UI-view in any useful way..

I suspect you could however use it in APRS stand alone mode and connect a
sound card I guess to the speaker and mic or via the PS2 type connector
which is a 5 pin connector. Just what this would do could be interesting.
You would have to be careful to not transmit on both systems with the same
callsign and beacon etc ..
If you just want to monitor with it and put everything on a map then just
connect the speaker output to the sound card and demodulate that and
display
it.. The beaconing and messaging and transmiting would all be taken care
of
by the APRS mode setting on the D700 .. Perhaps thats what you want to
do..
Hope that answers the questions.. Maybee it covers all bases anyway..

Tony VK5AH