[OZAPRS] GPS problems - a different tack?

Rendrag rendrag at rendrag.net
Tue Aug 9 09:51:59 EST 2005

From: "Hardy, David" <david_hardy at commander.com>
> If you are using Hyperterminal I have found that it does not change
serial
speeds
> 'on the fly' very well. I found I have to change the speed, close HT
down
and
>open it up again. As such I avoid HT if I can.

I use HT on a daily basis (serial console on
routers/switches/UPS's/PABX's/etc), and haven't really had any problems
with
it.. The thing you have to remember, is that it won't change the port
settings while you are connected..  So, every time you make a port
speed/settings change, you need to click the disconnect button followed by
the connect button to force it to close/reinitialise/open the port :)

Cheers,

DG