[OZAPRS] Uniden GPS301

G T & C A Beagley beagley at xtra.co.nz
Mon Aug 8 18:46:16 EST 2005

Hi Gavin

Maybe I'm missing something too but when you change the GPS to 4800 are
you changing the com port to 4800 as well?
I'm assuming it works similarly to a Garmin I borrowed whereby you use
the GPS internal menu to change the data rate (and other parameters such
as output sentence type) and the PC to change the com port baud rate so
you don't get gibberish on the screen.
I'm not familiar with your GPS so I may be talking gibberish!

Graham

ZL1GTB

Gavin Rogers wrote:
> At 06:40 AM 8/08/2005, you wrote:
>
>> Hi Gavin,
>>
>> I may have missed something, but...
>>
>> How are you telling the GPS you want 4800 instead of 9600 out?
>

> Yep. When selected to 9600 it works, when I select 4800 I get junk. It's

> all rather frustrating :-(
>

> 73
> Gavin.

Ph 07 3460677
(64 7 3460677)
Mob 025 531584

--
This outgoing message certified virus free.