[OZAPRS] DNS/VK1Igate down :(

Damien Gardner Jnr damien at rendrag.net.au
Sun Apr 10 19:26:43 EST 2005

Howdy Folks,

Just got back from a weekend at the Minis on the Murray thingo down in
Wodonga, to find that the main aircon in the server room at work has died
(and the backup didn't kick in), so half the server room has shut down,
and
the rest is sitting there with their overheat alarms going off (air temp
was
55C at shoulder level, 59C at roof level), so I flicked a heap of
breakers,
kicked in the backup aircon and headed home for a few hours..  Spoke to a
couple of staff, and it seems some things have been down since late last
night (nice of someone to go in and look at things, or at least phone me
go 'everythings down!'..  Will head back in around 8:30 (the server cases
were too hot to touch, so giving them a few hours to cool down..), and
start
powering things back up, and see what died.. :\

In the meantime, three of the seven DNS servers for APRS.NET.AU are
currently down, so DNS lookups will likely be a little slow, plus the VK1
igate is offline (thankfully I know the overheat alarm shuts down the box,
from when the CPU heatsink fell off a few months ago.. :)

Regards,

Damien

PS marconi is REALLY slow - took me ~15mins to get to the subscription
page,
subscribe, and confirm my subscription...