[OZAPRS] 40m

Larry larrykin at tpg.com.au
Wed Sep 22 10:28:03 EST 2004

Hi Ron

Well my sig disappeared around Forbes after the draft from a passing
Pantech
snapped my mobile whip about 3-4 inches from the base - it was left
dangling
like a pretzel!.  As it was an unplanned rushed trip to Adelaide I did not
have the time to see if I could fix it there.  However I stopped over in
Renmark for a few day on the return trip about a week later and managed to
get it fixed with the help of Ivan VK5HS.  It performed fine on the return
trip even if the antenna is now some 6 inches shorter.

Good to see the mobile activity is being monitored.  Great stuff!

Cheers Larry vk4clm.