[OZAPRS] Re: [OZ-APRS] HT Recommendation

Ron Perry ronk at sunlinux.com.au
Wed Sep 15 19:31:05 EST 2004

On Wed, 2004-09-15 at 18:21, Andrew Rich wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> Wonder if you can help me make a decision.
>
> I am looking at hand helds for APRS work.
>
> I have researched two so far. I have had a Kewood thd7ag but not really
> needing this.
>
> ICOM T90A
>
> 1. Runs of a silly voltage of 11 Volts
True ..It's a pain, but I have built an 11v regulated supply for it.
> 2. Has only two power level settings
True
> 3. Does not appear to be dual band 24/7
Has 3 TX bands, but can only listen on one at a time. Can also be put on
UHF CB
> 4. Has 1300 mAh battery
True.
I have one. Get's too hot to hold when yakking for to long on high
power.

I use an old IC-02a on 2m APRS.

The Kenwood..I don't know anything about.

Regards,
Ron
vk3ecv