[OZAPRS] Igate Setup, new user

Ron Perry ronk at sunlinux.com.au
Mon Sep 13 20:35:36 EST 2004

Hi Gordon,

On Sun, 2004-09-05 at 21:33, Gordon Taylor wrote:
>  Hello all,
>
> 		I am pretty new to APRS but have managed to set up an
IGATE
> at my QTH in Buderim SE QLD.  I can sometimes hear VK4GME-3 but am
unable to
> access it so I don't believe there will be any issues with overlap etc.
The
> station will be up and down over the next few weeks testing until I get
it
> bedded down.

No problems. Goos to hear that you up.

> I have been using an AEA DSP 232 TNC and a Yaesu FT-100 as the RF link
from
> the IGATE.  I have a D700 also and have been using it to confirm data
flows
> from internet to RF and RF to internet.  There are no other users here
at
> the moment but a few may come on board now.

It is slow, but we will have 2 more in the Mildura region soon.

> My questions are regarding the correct setup for all of this, I used a
lot
> of trial and error to get the IGATE working so would appreciate any help
in
> the "Correct setup".  For example every time I query a station on the
> server, my radio TX's.  Is this normal.  I also have been unable to ping
any
> station.

If your trying to message to a station that is coming via the Internet
then you will need to select "I" for the port. I would think it is the
same for "ping" and "query"

> Anyway bear with me and we may have a few more users.

Regards,
Ron
vk3ecv/vk3wrm