[OZAPRS] 30m activity 2XCI

Norm McMillan njmcmillan at bigpond.com
Sat Oct 30 10:05:39 EST 2004

Tony Hunt wrote:
> Norm the other thing that might help is optioning the FT107 with a
crystal
> if that is in fact an option on those radios. Its likely the instability
is
> in the VFO and a crystal is going to get around that if you think its
worth
> it..
>
> Tony Hunt VK5AH

Tony,
The FT-107 is a loan set from VK2LO, I haven't even got the manual for
it! The whole Idea was to see if it was feasible, and like most "half
arsed" jobs I would have been better of to do some research before hand.

I have access to another FT-107 which the owner claims doesn't have the
problem. Unfortunately it doesn't transmit on the WARC bands, even
though it does receive them? must be some jumpers/software to change
somewhere!

May be easier to e-bay for an HF rig, or build a Trx from scratch!

--
Norm, VK2XCI,
Voice of The Edge of The Outback.