[OZAPRS] Magellan GPS 310

Peter Reichelt peter.reichelt at telstra.com
Sun Oct 24 16:45:59 EST 2004

Hi Norm

I have a Magellan Meridian which I beleive uses the same cables. From the
manual and using a multimeter I have determined the following pin outs.

Looking at the terminals on the GPS (not the plug, with the 4 terminals
appearing in the upper half of the cicle you have

Data in Pin 3 of the female db9
power +
power - and signal gnd Pin 5 of the female db9
Data out Pin 2 of the female db9

ie with female db9 pins in brackets:

                       o +     o - (5)

                  o Data In (3)     o Data out (2)

The output of the Magellan external power supply is 3.55 Volts under no
load condition.

Regards

Peter VK5APR