[OZAPRS] Ron VK4AGS is fighting cancer

Andrew Rich vk4tec at tech-software.net
Sat Oct 23 08:05:28 EST 2004

Hello All,
Not a lot to report from yesterday.  Ron had an ultrasound late yesterday
afternoon - I think they are trying to assess if the big tumour between
the
bladder and small intestine has changed.  They also wanted to check his
legs
for thrombosis.  The doctor did say that scans are the best but you don't
want to be doing them every day.
He is a bit up and down which I guess is to be expected.  He felt the leg
was more sore again yesterday - maybe the walk the day before was too
long.
He has so many gadgets in his room - his laptop (can't access the internet
but can do other things), his little mini computer, his amateur radio
(apparently not working too well but he does have his maps up on the
computer screen and can have his chats - APRS I think it is.  You amateur
radio guys will know what I'm talking about.  I don't understand it all).
Thank goodness they moved him to a larger room.  He has many of the nurses
intrigued with all the gadgets - I don't think they get too many patients
like Ron.  He is also continuing his tutoring from the hospital - several
of
the nurses have asked him about their children's school problems, so he's
giving them advice.  Can't you just see it!!!!
Paul came home from hospital yesterday - he is a bit sore but otherwise is
fine.  We just have to hope the bones heal now.  He now has a thicker rod
in
his leg, from knee to ankle.  The doctor was pleased with the way the
operation went and he said he hasn't done any damage to the plastic
surgery - that was a big worry because they had done such a good job on
that.  Paul certainly didn't want to go through all that again.
Thank you all again for your thoughts and prayers - they are just what we
need.  I will keep you informed.
Take care!  God Bless!
Val