[OZAPRS] HF APRS Antenna suggestions

Tony Hunt wavetel at iname.com
Wed Oct 6 10:54:23 EST 2004

Andrew.. The biggest problem you will have with a vertical is the need for
ground plane unless you goto a full sized half wave or something like
that..

Have you got 15m of horizontal space reasonably in the clear?? If a 1/2
wave
dipole is no good then you could end feed a 1/2 wave and put it
hozizontal..
There are also some wideband designs of antennas that will work from about
3-4Mhz up to about 25 Mhz or so .. These antennas can fit in a horizontal
space of about 15m minimum and ideally up to 30m ..You have to be willing
build some things up but its entirely feasable..

Verticals are fine but in the suburbs can be subject to alot of noise.

cheers Tony VK5AH