[OZAPRS] 80m on thursday night

G T & C A Beagley beagley at xtra.co.nz
Mon Oct 4 12:28:20 EST 2004

OK Hamish, you are quite correct. But if you are netting to the same
signal using upper sideband instead of lower sideband then the tx tones
are still in the same place. If the mark and space designated
frequencies are in band then it doesn't matter if you use USB or LSB.
Only the dial readout changes. This is why the designated frequencies
pair should be quoted for aprs and not the dial frequency.
On 10mhz the frequencies are 10.149.2 and 10.149.4
Just what are your designated frequencies on 80m?
Maybe they are too close to the novice band edge anyway?
I have noticed that Australian aprs stations tend not to quote the
frequency pairs but rather quote the dial frequency.

Graham

ZL1GTB