[OZAPRS] Brave new Move!!

Norm McMillan njmcmillan at bigpond.com
Fri Nov 26 18:26:22 EST 2004

G'day all,
I'm going to leave the HF  and VHF digis running overnite. This is a
brave move as I'm not sure how reliable the rigs, computer and mains
supply is! (are?) It has to be done eventually I guess

The VHF digi is currently on 144.700, the old ARRG APRS frequency,
absent crystals for 145.175 for the 828. Work in progress.

The mobile and Tinytrak 3 in my ute has a problem. Extreme noise on the
tx audio. Sounds like alternator whine but not present on Rx audio! Same
is true for UHF CB in the ute. It is bad enough to b----r up the packet
tones!

I have reduced it with ferrites etc on the power lead but obviously more
to be done. Suggestions are canvased

2002 Rodeo V6 EFI
Yaesu FT480-R
ICOM IC 215