[OZAPRS] Aprs Server Question

Geoff - VK2XJG vk2xjg at iinet.net.au
Sat Nov 20 11:49:02 EST 2004

G'day Norm,  The weekend couldn't come around fast enough this week :-)

The extra frame is a keepalive.  Its part of the server's protection
against
hung ports, where a client connects but sends no data.  What used to
happen
was clients connected and then crashed, leaving the port hung on the
server.
If the keepalive goes un-acknowledged, then port is torn down.

20 seconds is the default, however we can experiment with increasing the
time, I'll try 5 minutes and see if that causes any issues :-)

Regards,
Geoff