[OZAPRS] Unknown Data Transmission

roughplanet roughplanet at optushome.com.au
Tue Nov 16 22:00:46 EST 2004

Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 10:33:23 +1100
From: Norm McMillan <njmcmillan at bigpond.com>
Subject: [OZAPRS] Unknown Data transmission
To: OZAPRS <ozaprs at marconi.ics.mq.edu.au>

G'day all,

I'm hearing a data transmission of some sort just below the 40m APRS
transmission. APRS is 7.036.3 lsb on my FT107-M, the unknown signal is at
7.036.0. The shift is apparently 200Hz.
I've tried every mode on "multipsk" and cant resolve it.
I can't remember if this list takes attachments, but I have a picture of
it from "Multipsk".
Anyone got a clue?
--
Norm, VK2XCI,
Voice of The Edge of The Outback.

Hi Norm. I was about to ask you what strange digital mode you were using
as
your beacon on 40, hi-hi.
The mode appears to be a standard T 30 Phase B fax command protocol. I
have
my decoders packed in a box at the moment whilst I reorganise the shack to

accommodate a few new items, but I'll load one of my Yamaha YM7109 cards
into the comms machine tomorrow morning & see if I can't get a better
idea.
Pity I can't transmit on 40 yet, as I could emulate the handshake &
perhaps
the fax would be sent in it's entirety.
Time: 9:40 PM ESDT.....current mode is fax (see above).
73,

Laurie
VK3HLD