[OZAPRS] Unknown Data transmission

Robert Thirkettle rob.thirkettle at canterbury.ac.nz
Tue Nov 16 12:04:05 EST 2004

Hi All
	It's probably an APRS beacon from somebody. Have you tried
tuning a small amount each side to see if you can decode it? The problem
is that TX only needs to be 50Hz off frequency and you will not decode
the packet.

Remember with SSB the exact tone frequencies are a product of your
receiver and where your VFO is set. The filters in the TNC are quite
narrow so you can't stand the 2 received tones being too fare off
frequency for the particular TNC being used.

Regards Rob Thirkettle ZL3RX
Dept  Physics & Astronomy
University of Canterbury
Private Bag 4800,