[OZAPRS] Cleanup of ports on VKAPRS-IS

Norm McMillan njmcmillan at bigpond.com
Tue Nov 16 11:30:14 EST 2004

Geoff - VK2XJG wrote:
> Folks,
>
> As part of a rationalisation of resources on the two national APRS-IS
servers
> (first.aprs.net.au and second.aprs.net.au) a handful of ports will be
> DISCONTINUED from the end of this week.

...Snipped...

> The functionality of these ports can still be accessed from the two
servers
> via the USER DEFINED FILTER port 14580.  The string in brackets for each

> port above is the filter string that you would enter if you required
this
> data.

...snipped...

G'day all,

I'm not sure how to impliment the user defined filter and I'm trying to
do a number of things at once!!!

Instead of me messing about and stumbling on the answer could some kind
soul give me a "blow by blow" on setting it up in UI-view32? Does the
filter string go in as <Text to send on connection>? or maybe <Extra
logon text>? or maybe <server:port:filter>?
TIA

--
Norm, VK2XCI,
Voice of The Edge of The Outback.