[OZAPRS] HF Bands.

Noel Rowe noel-r at clear.net.nz
Mon May 31 11:50:09 EST 2004

Rob asked:

>Noel do you think we can get ZL wide coverage on 30M I don’t think we can
because of the short distances in ZL

My reply is - we dont need to.  My point is that the propagtion to Oz is
just as usful to us as the propagation from one place in ZL to another.
It doesnt have to be local, as long as who hears it, gates it.

I concede Rob that the way that Christchurch has elected to do things (by
not outputting internet traffic of ZLs heard to local VHF) doesnt help you
get your HF mobile beacons heard on VHF in the home area, but that is a
local issue that only those of you that live there can make change.  For
the rest of ZL, the concept works fine.

Noel, ZL3GR.